Cinnamon But Butterut squash – Slender kitchen
Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash is the perfect side dish to add to your holiday list, but the easiest to make any night of the week.
Jump to the food pantry keyboard_arrow_down
MyWW® SmartPoints ™ New!
Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
There is no magic in the butternut squash when baked in cinnamon. It tastes its sweet caramelized heroes and you can't believe how quickly it disappears & # 39;
Baked vegetables are probably my favorite side dish and I recently started adding squash squash to make it a regular addition. It is a low carb option that I like to use instead of potatoes. While you can cook almost any combination of flavors, I think the pair is perfectly paired with cinnamon and nutmeg. If you are not watching carbonate, you can add maple syrup or brown sugar as well.
Another thing I love about eating hot butternut squash is that the leftovers are amazing. I like to throw my eggs in the early morning, at lunchtime, or use them for quick veggie tacos at night. In fact, I love those leftovers so much, that I always make double or triple each time I bake squash.
The hardest part of making squash butternut is the preparation work, but I have a simple mistake at the bottom to help make that part easier. (Hint: It involves a quick trip to the microwave that will make it easier to kill and recognize.) If time presses, skip the prep work, and just buy the squash & # 39; butternut squash & # 39; Most grocery stores carry fresh produce.
How to bake butternut squash?
Begin by heating the oven to 400 degrees. Spread squash into 1 inch pieces. You can also buy squash & # 39; buthesut squash & # 39; to save time for preparation. Then sprinkle squash with olive oil, spices, salt, and pepper. Spread out one layer of baking sheets and cook for 25-35 minutes until soft and stiff.
First tip: One of the most common mistakes when baking vegetables is over the pan. Make sure you put squash in one layer with a breathing space. This ensures caramelized squash and runs instead of steams.
Recipe Thoughts and Tips
There are many ways to customize this recipe when it comes to the taste, style, and serving of ideas.
- Combine the coconut oil with olive oil to add a little nutritious flavor to the squash.
- Add one drop of syrup before serving for dessert.
- Add some baked or glazed seeds or pecans on the roof to fry. This is a great way to spice up your holiday dish.
- Add in color and slowly pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries.
- Add fresh herbs like herme or rosemary to add fresh texture.
- Add spices such as turmeric, cumin, allspice, or mace to make it even more flavorful.
- For a sweet option, sprinkle squash with brown sugar before baking.
- Include a note card with a sponge.
- Instead of slicing squash into small pieces, cut into slices to present a different.
How to kill and cut butternut squash?
The best way to chop squash butternut is to start by pressing the squash completely with a fork. After the microwave for 2-3 minutes. This opens the skin, making it easier to peel off.
Once you remove the squash, slice it in half. Use a spoon to squeeze the seeds. Then cut into small pieces. Make sure to use a sharp knife because squash butternut is difficult.
Can I prepare in advance?
Although I can’t recommend butternut squash before lunch, you can pre-order it in advance of your regular weekly meal. Just be aware that it will lose some of the messy edges after being stored in the refrigerator. You can also chop and chop the butternut squash a few days in advance to make the preparation quick and easy.
Some of my favorite leftovers start with a baking dish.
- Make a salad with brown roasted squash, greens, goat cheese, and chopped apples. You can also try Butternut squash, Quinoa, and Pomegranate salad.
- Try adding the & # 39; squat & # 39; squash squash and sprinkle it in your morning egg or throw it in a lock or frittata.
- Make a bowl of cornmeal with squash, brown rice or fingernails, arugula, and your favorite dressing or cheese.
- Add your favorite pastry soup to add some fresh flavor.
- Serve some maize beans, black beans, and roasted squash to get a simple vegetarian taco.