Avocado Chicken salad – Slender kitchen
Avocado Chicken Salad This is a creamy, mayo-free, and full of flavor. It's packed with chicken breast, avocado, lemon juice, and dried celery – it's a chicken salad you'll want to eat anyway.
Jump to the food pantry keyboard_arrow_down
280 THE CENTER
Frelete ™ SmartPoints ™ New!
(7 Old SmartPoints ™)
Avocado Chicken salad Recipe
This Avocado Chicken salad is a great way to make a non-cat chicken salad which is Paleo, All30, and a low carb friendly. It is a favorite lunchtime recipe along with Avocado Tuna Salad and Almond Chicken salad.
This is one of those recipes that you will find yourself loving all the time. The combination of chicken and avocado cream only works. It tastes fresh and sweet and healthy. Plus there are so many amazing ways to customize this recipe (bacon, anyone!) – that it's hard to get bored. It is also not damaged by being too healthy and full of soft protein, healthy fats, and tons of vitamins and minerals.
The other great thing about avocado and chicken salad is that it gives you all the mayo-haters a way to enjoy the chicken salad. As someone who feels right meh about mayonnaise, I always find other ways to make chicken salad. While Greek yogurt is a good alternative, avocado is much better now. But to be serious, we would eat anything with revenge. My sister-in-law even makes me laugh that my kids eat avocado every day. It is the center of our home.
So the next time you are considering making a chicken salad, grab some veggies and try this. Don't be shy about making your own. Add jalapenos, red onions, pickled cucumbers, carrots, and so much more goes on here. I personally love jalapenos, corn, cilantro, lemon juice, and bacon. It's a good thing!
Ways to serve Avocado Chicken salad
There are many different ways to enjoy this dish and ways to serve it. Here are some of our favorite.
- No need to say, this makes a wonderful sandwich between a sandwich of bread and baked goods too high with tomatoes, red onions, lettuce, and harvesting. It is also good for low fat or low fat.
- To choose a carb, chop some tomatoes and fill them with avocado chicken salad instead. Make sure the tomatoes are seasoned with salt and pepper first so the dishes are tasty.
- Sprinkle with Bibb lettuce leaves or top with slices of cucumber for a party or lunch.
- Grab some biscuits, chips, or pita sauce and use it as a salad of veggies with some freshly sliced beans.
- Use it to promote a large green salad.
How to Cook Chicken with Chicken Salad
When it comes to chicken salads, I have to be honest, I always use colorful chicken that makes it super easy and easy. I also often use leftovers or grilled chicken – whatever I have at hand. However, if you are starting out with a raw chicken breast, here is the easiest way to prepare it.
- Add chicken breast to one layer on top of a large pot. Add salt and pepper. Cover the chicken broth or water until there is half an inch of liquid on the chicken. Bring to a boil and immediately turn to pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat and allow the chicken to cook, cover, for 15 minutes. Once cooked, remove the broth and let cool slightly. Use two forks to separate the chicken to cut into pieces.
How to select avocados
Assuming that you will immediately use avocados to make this chicken salad, you want to look for avocados with darker skin that is free of any large eyes or teeth, which usually show it is bruised or ripe. When you feel avocado, it should feel a little soft to the touch but not muscular. When you open it, the interior should be bright green and the avocados should be soft. Here is a great guide on choosing avocados based on when to use them.
How long & # 39; s like is a chicken salad in the fridge
Generally speaking, chicken salad will last 3-4 days in the fridge. However, since this version has avocado it can sometimes turn brown, usually 1-2 days after preparing even the lemon. If you want to prepare in advance, I recommend you do everything except avocado. Then simply cook the avocado and add salads when you are ready to eat.
Recipe ideas for Chicken Avocado salad
- The maker will taste some freshly sliced or sliced jalapenos. Red pepper ice cream also works if you don't want to cut it.
- Add any flavors and flavors with melted carrots, red onions, cucumber, or red pepper.
- Make a guacamole with a boost by adding some chopped jalapenos, onions, cinlantro, and lemon juice.
- Add some nuts with sweet dried, diced apples, cherries or dried.
- Change your taste profile by adding some hummus, pesto, salsa, or harissa.
- Combine between traditional chicken salad and avocado chicken salad, use half mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt) and half mashed avocado.
- For this type of vegetable, use mashed chicken or baked tofu.
Instructions for making Avocado Chicken salad
- For quick and easy preparedness, use bought chicken stock. You can also buy roasted chicken or grilled chicken, but I find Rotisserie chicken has the most flavor.
- If you can't find avocados in ripeness, consider using guacamole instead of mixed avocado. This is also a great trick for food preparation as it is easy to pre-pack as the packaged guacamole is not brown at the same time.
- For salads, don’t mix soda with & # 39; avocado & # 39; and leave it in large pieces. This is especially delicious to use for salads.
- Don't be afraid to try it! You can take this in many different directions. Add black beans, corn, jalapeno peppers, red onions, and / or cilantro to take it to Mexico. Add basil, roasted red pepper, and a handful of Mediterranean liquid. Add Everything Bagel with spices and flowers to create a really nice toast. There are many interesting options.
- Add smoked bacon to a pinch of salt and the turkey bacon will make things easier.